Monday, November 14, 2011

Menu Plans:)

Thanksgiving is almost here. Are you ready? Are you cooking? Turkey?


I thought I would blog a little bit about my menu this week. Over the weekend, I made a pork roast, and I still have a considerable amount left. I planned it that way. I bought the roast knowing It would make two dinners.

I also roasted a bunch of chicken, one for dinner that way and another in a more creative fashion:)



Mondays Dinner:

Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce
Fresh bread to go with the pork
Steamed Broccoli
Mashed Potatoes
Salad

Tuesday's Dinner:

Chicken Bwak Bwak
(Leftover chicken cut up in bite size pieces or pulled apart, whatever works for you, then added to egg noodles with butter:)
Salad
and a steamed veggie


So, those are my first two nights of dinner. Using two leftover dishes, to make two completely different dishes.

The spice/herb rub I put on my chicken was a combination of:

Paprika
Garlic powder
Onion Powder
Poultry seasoning
Thyme
Chili Powder
Cayenne powder
Salt and pepper


I eyeball the mixture, using lots of paprika to a smidge of the cayenne pepper
I mix it all together and rub it all over the chicken with a little bit of veggie oil I get under the skin too. I also learned a new tip, I prick the chicken with a fork to let the flavors seep into the meat:)

I do a lot of experimenting, I have used all different kinds of oils, I have used butter...meat tenderizer. If I use something with a lot of salt, I omit regular salt. It is all what flavors you like.


.

Do you recognize this menu?







Do recognize this Menu...LOL?








Waffle House and Cracker Barrel, nothing says you are in the south then these two restaurants:) I remember the very first time Kevin took me to a Waffle House....and you are sitting in the booth looking out the window at another Waffle House Catty Corner to the one you are at, just as full with people!
It was quite an experience, and a very different experience for this California girl...BUT, I loved it!! I love the South and Kevin and I hope to one day make it our home again. We will be visiting Georgia again real soon:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How is your cleaning going? Are you almost ready for Thanksgiving?
In my mind I am ready...but I still have a lot to do.
I have not gotten my Turkey yet. Have you? Are you going to make a turkey?

Time for a cup of coffee..I have Peppermint Mocha Creamer :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, peppermint mocha creamer. :) That sounds delish. I just recently started drinking coffee and love all the creamer choices. I haven't gotten my turkey yet but am thinking about buying a turkey breast instead of a whole bird. (White meat is my favorite but the rest of family likes dark meat- so I'll most likely stick with tradition.) I've just started cleaning and have a lot to do yet. I enjoy this time of year. :)