Monday, March 08, 2010

Monday!

It was a cold and rainy Monday this morning. The sun is trying to come out. It is okay, I love cold and rainy days! Makes housework more fun..LOL. We had a nice relaxing weekend, I so enjoyed my husband home. Tony had a very nice birthday, and it was nice to visit with family and friends. Now it is time to get some work done. I definitely need to vacuum the stairs.

Look at what a weeks worth of housework can add up too. That is about what I have to do too:)


Definately do the bedding today!


...and of course playing in my kitchen. I think that is my favorite room in the house. I have a radio that I listen too, I listen to a lot of talk radio when I am in there. There is a really neat christian station that does a lot of talking about marriage, husbands roles, wives roles, etc..it is fascinating. The part that makes me giggle is the girl on the show is named Julie, and the man is named Kevin.




Cream Cheese Won tons Recipe

(I forgot to take pictures of my won tons, but I got this picture off of AllRecipes.com. Mine looked like this, except, I made mine a little more golden brown)




1 package of cream cheese
4 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
pinch of salt
1 package small wonton wrappers

Blend together ingredients. Drop 1 teaspoonful onto each of the wrappers. line the square of the wontons with water to make the wonton stick when you close it, fold in a triangle


Fry in hot oil until crispy and brown.

Serve with Sweet and Sour

Makes approximately 2 dozen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, now you all know what my week looks like, what about yours?
I made this crockpot chicken with BBQ sauce the other day and it turned out fantastic, I slow cooked it all day and it was just like butter. I have left over chicken from another, so I was thinking of making a chicken salad. Any good chicken salad recipes, out there?
On another note, I need to do my toenails, they need a fresh polish. I learned if you rub baby oil on the cuticles it keeps them soft looking, so I have been doing that, on both my hands and my feet. My toenails right now are painted red and mt finger nails are in the French manicure.

Also, I know it is March, so that means I should do my tomatoes, so I am hoping I do better with my Topsy Turvy this year, and no more horn worms, yucky...LOL.

I also would really like to learn to can, I asked my Grandma and she said why would you do that, when you can buy canned goods these days for cheap. I guess it is just something I would like to learn:)
Happy Monday!!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh Julieann, this post was such an inspiration. My husband and I have been working on our marriage, and my part of taking care of the home. I swept all the stairs last night (our labrador makes hair piles daily...yuck), but have laundry and other cleaning to do today.

The recipe sound yummy, and it's definitely something the husband would like. As for the talk radio, do you know if perhaps they have an online version? It sounds like just the thing I need to be listening to as I work!

And as for canning, I am getting my grandmama's pressure cooker and learning to can this summer (starting with simple jams and pickles). I even made candied kumquats (got them from a freecycler) in a sugar syrup that is great over pancakes and pound cake. I even did a little dance around the kitchen when all my jars sealed! Good luck with your canning adventures!

debbieo said...

Juliann, thanks for visiting my blog. I bookmarked yours so I can read it. I love the vintage pictures. The kitchen down a bit is awesome. The teal one. I love it.