Monday, February 02, 2009

American Girl!

In my sweet little town of San Clemente, California You have a choice......


You can get on the I5 headed south and in an hour you are in San Diego......


Or, you can get on the I5 headed North and in an hour be in Los Angeles


We got on the freeway this weekend and headed north to LA--going towards.....





Hollywood--


The American Girl Place!!!!!
YaY!!


The store was absolutely beautiful--any girl young or old would love this store--an absolute wonderful store--and I enjoyed going there with my daughter

These are the dolls that are sold only for that year--I noticed they did not have one for 2004 There were two levels of dolls---they had show cases of these beautiful dolls every where.
This one is having tea.
My daughter was over whelmed to say the least--she wanted to look at the dolls and not have me keep taking pictures of her...lol

Decisions, decisions


I wish I could have taken a picture of each show case, I fell in love with all of them




Another smile for mom...LOL. Those dolls behind Alexis are The Just Like Me Dolls. They have one with every skin, hair, eye type.

Another lovely Showcase. Can you see the little eyeglasses on the doll--I think that is the Molly Doll. I did not get a picture of my favorite--but Josphina was just beautiful.

This lady here worked there--and she sure helped us--she new the story behind every single doll!! It was amazing--I could have stayed all day listening to her tell all the stories.

My husband's favorite was the Julie doll--Alexis wanted Samantha--but she was already archived

Alexis did not want the Just Like You doll--she wanted a doll with a name, but that somewhat resembled her--so she chose this years 2009 American Doll Chrissa--she is just adorable.

Love this pose!!

It was very sunny

Thank you so much for looking at our American Girl adventure--we can not wait to go there again!! For Alexis's next birthday, we will be having lunch there--She is so excited.

9 comments:

Ronda said...

What fun you must have had. My daughter just loved the American girl stuff when she was younger.
Love & prayers,
Ronda

Anonymous said...

Hi Julieann,
Oh how fun to go to The American Girl Place, My girls have a doll and clothes and just love playing with their dolls. You can get things that look similiar to the American Girl things at Target, like the scooter. For Christmas this year. Belle got the Scooter. It is more fun going to the American Girl place though. What a fun and Happy Day
deezie

Primrose Hill said...

Isn't AG just the best?!?! I love being a girl and having two little girls!!! :-)

Charree said...

I have always wanted to go to American Girl Place. I had a Samantha doll when I was younger and I absolutely loved all of her vintage style clothes.

What a wonderful treat. It looks like you had a great time.

Have a great week!
~Charree

Tatersmama said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time ! The dolls are so beautiful, but they're virtuallly unknown over here - Maybe I should show my daycare girls some of these pics... they would just drool!

Brittany said...

Sounds like a day of girl fun! I used to LOVE American Girl dolls and I had Samantha! It's too bad I don't have her anymore or I would send her to Alexis in a minute!

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. My daughter has always wanted a Samantha doll as well and even though she's 16 now, will be sad to hear that Samantha is no more.

Anonymous said...

How fun. A little story. There is a line of dolls with story books and music to match called Paddywhack Lane Dolls. You can buy all different clothes/costumes for them. The theme is pretend play and Kiera got one in an elephant costume. She LOVES this thing. I'll blog on it later on my blog with pictures. Kiera isn't ready for American Girl yet, I hope she gets into it. I think it is just such a great thing. I hope Alexis has a wonderful time with her chosen doll. What great memories!

TJ said...

Kaia would be thrilled to visit there! She received my Felicity doll for Christmas, and loves playing with my American Girl paper dolls.