Saturday, December 13, 2008

Weekend Chat--Saturday!

Happy Saturday!



Here is a snow globe I received many years ago--it is very precious to me. I have to keep it in the kitchen out of little Kevin's reach--he seems to like pretty, shiny things...so do I :)

I used my glass cleaner and shined it up--it was quite dusty sitting in the garage all year!

I put out my pine cones that Alexis and I dusted with glitter last year
(some of these lovely pine cones were off my tree in Georgia)


My Cookbooks
I just adore this cookbook
I have had this book for a good 20 years--it was made by all the teachers all around Orange County for a fund raiser, and my Grandmother bought one and gave it to me--I have used so many of the recipes in this book--it was one of my favorites!


This is a picture in the cookbook, and this is going to be what I am serving for Christmas dinner


Beautiful cookies---yummy!


Here is a fancy egg scramble, and below this recipe is one for a Christmas Casserole


Mayberry Cookbook
Oohhhhh how I adore this book--remember Finger Hut--I purchased it from Finger Hut, many years ago.
I adore Andy Griffith


This is Aunt Bee's Holiday plan.....


Taste of Home

Double Cheese Macaroni


More wonderful desserts


On Thursday, I was at the grocery store when Alexis's school called me--she was not feeling well---so I grabbed her on my way home, and she is still not feeling all too well--she feels a lot better then yesterday and Thursday, but still not great. She was supposed to go sing Christmas carols with her troop today, but she is just not well enough, and I don't think it would be wise to bring her around the elderly--they could get sick. It was a sore throat that has turned into a cold---poor baby. If I get sick, I hope I get sick now, so I am better for Christmas.

It is supposed to start raining and last through the week--I am going to be baking some bread. Making a few cookies Laundry and ironing--and staying warm in my own Little House!!
You all have a wonderful weekend, and thank you all for visiting my Show and tell---I adore playing, and appreciate that Kelli hosts it every week for us:::clapping:::::

P.S. Please forgive all the typos--Blogger will not let me fix them--It is quite frustrating


*UPDATED!!--I think I was able to finally fix the typos:::WHEW::::::::

21 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your little train is so cute. I never have seen one like that before and I totally understand why you put it someplace to keep it safe. I love the decorations that I have put out year after year the most!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your little train is so cute. I never have seen one like that before and I totally understand why you put it someplace to keep it safe. I love the decorations that I have put out year after year the most!

Mimi said...

The train and snow globes are so pretty. I can imagine that a snow globe would be just what an enterprising little man would love to get his hands on! Globes are always so fascinating to me even as an adult.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute snow globe train Julieann. Hope your little one feels better soon and you dont'get it!!! Love the cookbooks
happy weekend
deezie

Anonymous said...

I'll add my I love the snow globe train, too. My FIL has the Mayberry cookbook and also one from The Beverly Hillbillies. I love to look at them when I visit.

Dana said...

I love the snow globe train. I hope Alexis is feeling better soon. Avery is going camping with her GS troop today. We had snow last night:)) Im looking for something to make for breakfast Christmas morning, have any suggestions, I couldn't see the words for the Fancy scrambled eggs. Have a great weekend:)

Julieann said...

OOOH, Ann, the Beverly Hillbilly CookBook---is it a good cookbook? Would you recomend it?

I do know there are a lot of Little House Cookbooks and would love to get my hands on those...:)

Julieann

Ms. Tee said...

All of your things look so homey and cozy :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend enjoying them!

The Gathering Room said...

I love the older cookbooks as well...something about cooking from scratch...much better with those older recipies! Enjoyed looking through your blog today..Happy Holidays with your little one!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that train/snow globes also.

Kiera has broken a few in past years, much better it's up safe.

I liked seeing your glitter pine cones. That's on our to do list next week. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the books. So you getting it all worked out? I know how you are about those list =)

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Oh, that snow globe train is so cute - I love it!

Those cookbooks look like they have some great recipes in there.

I hope Alexis feels better soon. Stay warm and snuggly at home this week - looks like we'll have a cold/rainy one (about time)!!

nannykim said...

I love the little globes--I saw one on a holiday movie last night and thought, I have never had one--they are so charming. I tried clicking on your pictures to see if they would enlarge , but they don't. I wanted to see what was in the scrabled egg recipe!!! pooowee

Sondra said...

I love that snow globe train. That is so neat. I have never seen one like it. I hope Alexis is feeling better soon.

nannykim said...

oh, Glad you are going to post the recipes!!! I don't know why they would stop enlarging. I think I had that happen to me once too.

Charree said...

Your snow globe train is so unique. I have never seen one like that before. It is so very cute. I love cookbooks as well and Christmas cookbooks are a real weakness for me. I hope Alexis is feeling better soon and that you have a fabulous weekend!

~Charree

Free Art Printables said...

That train is so cute!

Sue Seibert said...

I love old cookbooks...they are the only ones I use! I have several old Farm Journal ones...bread and pies, etc.

Anonymous said...

I like the Beverly Hillbillies cookbook. In fact I asked for that for Christmas from my in-laws.

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Thanks for popping by my blog.
It sure is beginning to look alot like Christmas,All your goodies look great!
I too need to also learn hoe to enlarge photos...lol!

Blessed With 4 said...

I just love cookbooks!
I hope Alexis is better today.