Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hamburger Pie

I made Hamburger Pie this week---the first layer is a pie crust. Then I cooked a small onion with ground beef, drained the grease and poured it on to the crust--

Pie Crust:

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/3 cup plus one tbsp. shortening (I used butter)
2-3 tbsp. of cold water



While I was doing the above, I was also boiling potatoes---after they were done, I made mashed potatoes and spread it over the top of the hamburger
I covered it all with foil and baked through. I made sure the bottom crust was cooked and golden. I could see it though the glass. I put the temp at 375, for about 45 minutes--then I topped it with shredded cheese and let it cook another 15 minutes un covered. I always eye ball my food--so the times are not always exact but pretty close. All ovens are different so I am sure you know what I mean.

This is the pie all done--


Enjoy!!



4 comments:

Blessed With 4 said...

Hi Julieann.....I took out hamburger this morning and I was just going to do hamburgers but I am going to do this for tonight. I can use my new mixer to make the pie crust. Thank you for posting the recipe.
Happy and blessed New Year to you and your family.
Hugs, BJ

Anonymous said...

Oh boy did that look good. I was just thinking of finding a recipe for Hamburger pie and see that you wrote it down. Thanks I am going to try it. Looks so so yummy :)
deezie

Brittany said...

That looks great Julianne! I'm going to have to try it one night!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

looks great!!

oh btw- rebekah has been wearing her clogs nonstop ~smile~