Friday, August 24, 2007

Show and Tell

Today is Show and Tell Friday over at Kelli's blog!!! Please go over there and visit and join--Thank you Kelli for hosting this every Friday. I have found some amazing blogs from this.

This is my show and tell. I have talked many times about my Mayberry Cookbook. I think I even posted the picture of it before. This is my book, I got it many years ago---and I use it faithfully. Such wonderful home cooking in this book, and they are by Aunt Bee---you can't get more home cooking then that :o)
Here is Aunt Bee's famous pickle recipe--click to enlarge--let me know if you make these pickles--YUMMY!!
Here is Aunt Bee's suggestions on what to cook on certain occasions
...and all through out the cookbook there are little snip its from the show---this book is such a joy to read and the recipes are always a hit.
Thank you so much for visiting my Show and Tell--have a wonderful day
xoxox


22 comments:

Linnee said...

Your cookbook is a real treasure! Thanks for sharing!

Lindy :)

Susan said...

How neat is that!!!! I didn't know they had such a thing. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Susan

Cherish the Home said...

Oh how neat!

Anonymous said...

Now that's a hoot! Enjoy...

And if anyone makes the pickles I'd like one :)

Anonymous said...

Julieann,

I found your blog a couple of weeks ago, and it's delightful. Kinda fun getting a flimpse of someone's life. I make Aunt Bee's Apple pie every time I make an apple pie. It's yummy. Keep up the chatter, it's something to look forward to.

feeties

someone else said...

Oh, I love this! I had no idea there was such a cookbook.

Momma Roar said...

Oh how fun!!

Paula said...

That is too cool!!!

Betty said...

What a great cookbook.....That's a keepsake for sure......

Thanks for commenting on our bikes....Betty

Lynette said...

What a fun cookbook!

Unknown said...

cool cook book. That is one thing I do not have is an actual vintage cook book. That is pretty neat that you use it often too!! By the way you have a cute family!!! See ya soon

Mica

Martha said...

I love your cookbook. I am an Andy Griffith fan! My kids know most of the line to most of the shows. I would love this cookbook. I will have to try to find one. Thanks for sharing!
Jane

Disney for Boys said...

What a neat show n tell, I love your cookbook. I am going to have to try to find one of those!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun cookbook!

LadySnow said...

I have seen that cookbook before and have always thought about getting it, but was never quit sure.

Kelli said...

I just love Aunt Bee! I borrowed a similiar book from the library and it was wonderful!!

Kelli

Patty said...

What a fun cookbook ! I love Aunt Bee, she was always such a kind and giving character in that show and she was always cooking good things

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness...I got so excited when I saw this! I'm a big Mayberry fan! When I was first married and had just gotten our first computer, I was a part of the online Andy Griffith fan club!
I've seen this advertised before...love that it has a recipe for Aunt Bee's kerosene pickles! :D

I would love to have this cookbook sometime!
Thanks for the smile this morning! :D

Anonymous said...

Too Much Fun! Love it.

Lori said...

Great cookbook. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Great item for Show & Tell!

Thanks for sharing!

Katherine

theups said...

Hi Julieann!
I am SO far behind in my blog reading and look what I missed! You know I LOVE anything Andy!! Do they still make this cookbook? I don't know who would love it more, me or Mr. U!!

His,
Mrs. U