Friday, August 03, 2007

The Duggars---yay

I copied this from an article I read on the Discovery Health website--->

The super-sized Duggar family of Springdale, Arkansas, just got a little bigger with the birth of baby number 17 on August 2, 2007. Jennifer Danielle was born at 10:01 AM (CT), weighing in at 8 pounds, 8 ounces and measuring 21 inches in length.

Parents Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar happily welcome Jennifer Danielle to their amazing brood of 10 boys and six girls: Joshua, 19; Jana and John David, 17; Jill, 16; Jessa, 14; Jinger, 13; Joseph, 12; Josiah, 10; Joy-Anna, 9; Jeremiah and Jedidiah, 8; Jason, 7; James, 6; Justin, 4; Jackson, 3; and Johanna, 21 months.

"We are so grateful to God," said Michelle Duggar. "Jennifer is so precious and beautiful and such a sweet gift."
When asked about the possibility of more children, Jim Bob said, "We would certainly be open to having more children. The girls want to catch up with the boys now."

Viewers can catch up on two of Discovery Health's previous Duggar family specials, RAISING 16 CHILDREN and ON THE ROAD WITH 16 CHILDREN, at 8 and 9 PM (ET/PT) respectively, on Monday, August 6, 2007. In September, the next Discovery Health special featuring the oversized Duggar clan will premiere, and will include footage of Jennifer Danielle shortly after the birth and at home with the family.

I just love reading about the Duggars and their shows are wonderful :) What an inspiration Michelle is.





Two of my children had their checkups today--Alexis is in perfect health-- (Thank you Jesus) She is 45 inches tall and 42 pounds-- Little Kevin is 25 inches long and 15 pounds even (thank you again sweet Jesus). Little Kevin nurses like a champ, and is soo sweet--I will post some pictures up tomorrow.

Tony will be home soon, yay!!!!!

Tonight we will have Teriyaki Chicken, steamed rice, salad and corn--yummy.

I missed the show and tell over at Kelli's blog---I was so busy this morning with doctor appointments, pharmacy--Little Kevin has eczema on his face, I picked up some prescription cream to help get rid of it. Then grocery shopping. Hopefully next week I will be able to play:)

xoxoxox

6 comments:

The Frugal Countess said...

I love the Duggar's shows too! My favorite parts are related to how she manages the homekeeping - the shopping, cooking and laundry. It always inspires me to become more organized!

Oh, I hope baby Kevin's eczema clears up! Have a great weekend! :-)

Susan P. said...

The Duggars are such an amazing and inspiring family ~ it always blesses me when I watch a show about them because I am always so touched with how much they love and respect each other. Mrs. Duggar has certainly mastered the art of home organization, out of necessity I guess! LOL I'm so happy that your babies all got great checkups at the doctor ~ God is so good!

Carole Burant said...

Hi JulieAnn:-) Great to hear that the kids had a great checkup at the doctor's...always makes mom feel good too!! I had heard about the latest baby the Duggars just had...I thought having 2 kept me busy, I can't imagine 17! lol My mom was from a family of 16 kids and she said the older girls took care of the younger ones and the cooking and such while my grandparents worked the farm! Your dinner tonight sounds yummy!! xox

Kelli said...

I'm glad to hear that the checkups went well and thank the Lord for healthy children!!
I'm glad that Tony will be home soon, dinner sounds delicious!
Hugs,
Kelli

Anonymous said...

I am always so amazed at Michelle's meek and quiet spirit! She is definitely an inspiration, and I am happy for the Duggar family!
I'm so glad the children had a good check-up. We were at the doctor's office yesterday and today as well...but for sickness. Ugghhh! Well, Lord willing, next week will be better!
Chad said he talked to Kevin and told him how much I enjoyed your blog and that I really thought a lot of you! And that's the truth too! LOL
If he's not too tired, Chad may come on home tonight. I'm ready to see him!
Hope you have a blessed evening!
Hugs,
Amy

theups said...

I LOVE learning about the Duggar family!! The Lord has blessed them in so many ways, and it blesses ME to be able to learn from them. I would LOVE for the Lord to give us that many children! :)

I am glad that your children are well.

His,
Mrs. U