Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday!



Happy Tuesday!








The Juice I made for me this morning had celery, cucumber, parsley, green pepper, spinach an apple and cube of Ginger:) It is a power up juice...and yes, I feel powered up...LOL.

The kids picked out plums, apple, lemon and grapes for their juice. They really have fun picking out the fruits and veggies for their juice and the new tastes they come up with. They have figured out, if they put a lemon in almost any juice, it makes it taste that much better.

I let someone use my feather down comforter, and let's just say, I did not get it back the same way I lent it out. (A very long story, but that is the jist of it). So yesterday, in the morning I scrubbed it good outside and let it dry all day in the sun to bleach it out. It looks so nice and clean and is all ready for the cool months:)

For dinner I am going to make this, with some grilled chicken:


Italian Pasta Primavera








Ingredients:

1 (16 ounce) package dried fusilli
8 ounces broccoli florets(about 2 cups)
8 ounces cauliflower florets (about 2 cups)
1½ cups milk
3 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup oil packed dried tomatoes, well drained and chopped


Directions:

1. In a 4 to 6 quart pot, cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli and cauliflower the last 4 to 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain and return to pot.

2. Meanwhile, in a medium microwave safe mixing bowl whisk together the milk, flour, salt and pepper.

3. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until thickened.

4. Add the milk mixture, Parmesan cheese, and dried tomatoes to cooked pasta in pot. Stir gently to combine. Makes 6 servings.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am also making blueberry muffins today:)



Time to make some coffee!
Cinnabun Creamer today.

1 comment:

The Lady of the House said...

That pasta looks so good.

Have a great day!