Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Dinner :)

 We had Grandma Effie's Goulash for dinner tonight.  In a book we have, it has Kevin's Great Grandmother's recipe.  It was a childhood favorite of his, so tonight I made it :)
I also served it with a salad and crusty buttered bread .

It was very easy to make, and I hope I made Grandma Effie proud.  Kevin said it tasted just like he remembered.  It reminded me of a meal that they would eat on Little House On The Prairie :)  You can google Goulash and all sorts of recipes come up.

1 comment:

The Lady of the House said...

That looks so good. I love goulash. My granny made it and it was so good. When I was a newlywed, I made goulash weekly. It was nowhere near as good as Granny's, though. My cooking skills were limited at the time, and now whenever I propose it for a meal, my poor husband looks at me with fear in his eyes. Thank goodness I'm a better cook now after 16 years!

I think I might seek some recipes and give them a try -- only I'll not call them goulash to my husband!


Jenny