Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday!

Happy Monday! I have been organizing my kitchen. I want it completely organized by the end of the week. I have to do it a little at a time, because I have other things to take care of too, like laundry, cooking, cleaning and taking care of the children and my husband:) I finished my spice cabinet, and my tupperware. I am going to organize underneath my island today, that should be fun. I have a lot of neat things under there:) On the stove I'm making chicken broth for Chicken and Dumplings for tonight's dinner. The house smells really good.

I found this new flavor of tea at the grocery store; Egg Nogg Tea. It tastes pretty good:) Very Festive:)

I made Banana bread over the weekend. My husband took a piece before I could get a picture of it whole...LOL. He wanted a warm piece, can you blame him?? It was really easy to make and tastes very good. The recipe is below the picture.

(Recipe courtesy of Simply Recipes)

Banana Bread Recipe
Ingredients
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
Method
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

~~~~~~~

Well, you already know we are having Chicken and Dumplings for dinner, I will also make a salad to go a long with it.

I am all caught up on laundry...and I mean all caught up, bedding and everything. I am going to try and keep on top of it.

After this week, there will be no school all next week, for Thanks Giving break~~~YaY!!!

Have a great Monday!!
XOXO

2 comments:

Christina said...

Okay Julieann, I'm begging now. Hee-hee Will you please give me your recipe for chicken & dumplins? I have to make that, it sounds sooooo good!! Thanks! :)

Christina

Julieann said...

I put up the recipe just for you:)