Saturday, November 27, 2010

Chilly Saturday:)

Hello!


Happy Saturday! This morning, I woke up, made breakfast, bacon, cheese omelettes, hashbrowns, sliced tomatoes. I had a cup of mocha peppermint coffee. I was decorating yesterday, but I knew I was missing things. I searched and searched the boxes in the garage and could not find them, then I looked up and saw a box on the rafters. Even on a chair, me being 5 feet tall I couldn't reach, so I got the help of my husband, and low and behold, the rest of my decorations were there~~YaY! So, I am still decorating. I did take a break and walked my mile this morning. I also have to help Alexis make an island out of clay for a school project.

I am going to make Turkey Tetrazzini for dinner tonight:) This is a new recipe, so I will have to let you know how it turns out:)

1 pound elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
10 ounces sliced white mushrooms
1//4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 cup whole milk
4 cups shredded roasted turkey
8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente, then drain.

Heat the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper and saute, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, about 7 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute, stirring occasionally, until liquid from mushrooms has evaporated, about 6 minutes. Add flour, stirring to combine. Whisk in broth and milk, then bring to a boil. Boil until liquid in pan has thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in turkey, cheddar cheese, and reserved pasta.

Transfer pasta mixture to a 3-quart baking dish. Stir together breadcrumbs, parmesan, and oil, then sprinkle evenly over tetrazzini. Bake until breadcrumbs are browned and tetrazzini is heated through, about 25 minutes.


about this recipe
This rich, creamy casserole combines two classics in one: turkey tetrazzini and mac and cheese.



Read more:
http://www.kitchendaily.com/recipe/turkey-cheddar-tetrazzini-149805/#ixzz16W15XuTG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is quite cold today, and the weather says there is rain on the way, I just love rainy days!

Have a glorious and Blessed Saturday...and STAY WARM!!!