Friday, January 04, 2008

Rain? Vinegar! Garlic?...

It has not rained yet---this is the sky this morning--it is coming--the news keeps saying..LOL Little Kevin waiting for his breakfast--I like feeding him in the swing for now--I am still looking for pads for his high chair--my Step mom says it is a Jenny Lynn Highchair--never heard of that kind but I am going to Google it and see what I find.

I have three big windows in my dinning room--and we like to eat are breakfast and watch the rain(?)--and every one in our neighborhood leaving for work
He had banana and egg yolks with some apple juice--and then after that he nursed and went to sleep--so content:)

I am a big fan of apple cider vinegar--I don't need to write all the great things about apple cider--Google it and see all the wonderful things it does for your body--myth or not--it works for me. Kevin uses it on his salad too--so when I did my shopping yesterday I bought some more. Also, I have done a lot of reading about garlic--but I am a little nervous about taking it, because of the smell---I don't want to smell like garlic. I read if you swallow it quick it won't give you bad breath--but if it is taken for a long period the smell comes out of your pores--does any one know if there is any truth to this?

I stayed up late again last night--I was working on my menu, I was using my tools on the computer and made this chart. The word *Wednesday* was messing my chart up--that is a really long word...LOL.--I was having too much fun---I made myself stop and go to bed--morning comes by super fast--especially when the baby wakes up and wants to suckle a bit through the night.


This weekend, I want to take Alexis to *Build a Bear*---I have asked about this before----can she build a bear for under 40 dollars? I looked on their website and it seems possible---the bears priced form 5 to 20--and the accessories were 2 dollars and up (and UP)-----is that accurate?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julieann,
We eat copious amounts of garlic regularly, and it hasn't been a problem. There is a brand of odorless garlic that can be consumed for it's health benefits called "Kyolic". It is processed in a way that removes the scent.
Have fun at 'Build A Bear'. It will run you right at $40.00 to make the bear and pick out a couple things.
Happy New Year! Jen

Tracy said...

Hi Julieann!

I love vinegar, and garlic, too. I've never had any problem with an odor at all.

Anonymous said...

Han Bean got a gift card for Build A Bear. we are excited to visit it! We have never been.

Lori said...

I have heard that also that Apple Cider Vinegar is good for you.

Have fun at the Build A Bear Workshop.

Primrose Hill said...

Hi! You will be able to build a darling bear or animal for $40...actually maybe less than that. YOu will have to do a post and show what y'all picked out. Also...what order did you go about feeding solids to little Kevin? Marcella is almost 6 months and we will be starting soon. Do you make all your own or use greber or both? Thanks for any help, dear!
Kristina

p.s. love the little house music!!

Charree said...

Little Kevin is so adorable. He is getting big.

In regards to the garlic, it is true that it will come from your pores. I have relatives that smell like garlic (especially when they sweat). A lot of the time people don't realize it on themselves but others will. I have never heard of "Kyolic" but if the odor is gone, it may work.

Happy weekend to you and I hope you and your family remain safe during the bad weather.

Anonymous said...

Baby Kevin is such a cutie. He always looks so happy. : )
I've heard about apple cider vinegar and it's benefits. What specifically do you use it for?
We love garlic here...sometimes I do smell it. lol!
Have fun at Build-a-Bear. I took my kids last summer and they had a blast!

Mary Jo said...

My highchair is just like yours, I could not find a pad for it. It was the chair that my Mother-in-law used for my husband and his brother and she still had the original pad on it so I was able to recover that. I have put the pad away now though since my girl is sitting up well and it was "saving" a lot of food. It does help when they are just learing to sit.

nannykim said...

That little kid is so darling!