Thursday, January 10, 2008

Books and More Books

Today is Thursday, Thankful Thursday--and I have so much to be thankful for. I have been to my Grandmothers a few times this week, and we went to a used bookstore--ohh, I could spend hours, days, weeks in a book store...LOL. I picked up some books that I am going to share with you. Also, I had finished my list of chores, and now, I must start a new list. I made this chart on my computer to make up menus---When I have charts and lists and notebooks to play with, it just makes my days more fun and organized.

I am going to make chicken for dinner, and rice in my steamer, salad with these beautiful tomatoes I got.--Alexis has Ballet from 4-5, so I need something that I can prep now, and have ready for dinner when Kevin gets home. I bake the chicken through the day and keep it warm.

Alexis has a *Show and Tell* today, she is sharing her *Build A Bear* at school...LOL

Look at this book---it is a beautiful children's dictionary I got for $2.00.









Look inside the book--it is in perfect condition, I wonder what little child had this book before, and took such nice care of it too



..and then at the .99 cent store, I bought one of my favorite stories--Jonah!



. OHHH, and look at this children's bible story book!
and these are the chapters in the book

Aren't these little petite roses just gorgeous!!! These were .99 cents too---I should have bought more...LOL



The weather is cold, but when the sun comes out it is nice--I took a long walk yesterday with the kids and I actually got a little color on my face--I couldn't believe it--I try and protect my face, I didn't think i would get sun yesterday. Little Kevin just loves those walks. Speaking of baby Kevin, I am glad I was able to share that video with you all--now I can make more --YAY--baby is up--be back soon.

5 comments:

Primrose Hill said...

Oh, Julieann..I love books too!!! Especially cookbooks! yikes! I loved the video of Lil' Kevin. Isn't that a fun feature? PLease don't forget "my" baby food post! :-) I am anxious to hear your schedule.
xoxo
Kristina

Anonymous said...

I'm a book lover too! You got some really great deals. Gotta love the .99 cent store. :)

nannykim said...

hmm--I think I've seen that read aloud book! .99cent store???

Lori said...

Love all your little finds. Those were some great deals on those books. We all love to read at this house.

Anonymous said...

I love books also especially cook books. I can read those page to page like a novel. I could spend all day at a book store. I love the library. You got Jonah! I read that yesterday to my 3 and 4 year old. The same book. Our dollar store has a lot of biblical books here in the south. I love it. When we lived up North we had to buy them from CBD or Morningstar. Have a blessed day.