Monday, January 12, 2009

Um....

I have no idea how to title this post--but look at what I found on my shelf----I can not believe this. This is the last thing I have from my beloved store in Georgia---ALDIS. Now what do I do with it? It is dated to use by July 2008---I don't want to part with a sweet memory of Georgia---

This is actually an intro to my post--I am doing a complete over haul of my pantry--I am going to go through both my fridges--the one in the garage is the one I am more worried about --it doesn't get a lot of attention from me--I fear my dear friend that is staying with me has a few things to toss too--I noticed she has yogurt dated from last month--do I say anything or just let them age some more--I am just kidding--my kids know what shelf and drawer is hers so I know they won't touch it, but it is hard for my OCD self to keep from tossing it. I won't, I will mind my own business....I mean look at this can that I have...LOL.

Anyway, all joking aside, I need to do a major shopping trip and I have let my pantry get a little out of control--so that is what I am doing today---cleaning out/organizing and tossing my pantry/fridge goods. I will share my menu tomorrow--but tonight we are having most likely a pot pie---Maybe--I have not decided yet---

Totally off subject--Jon and Kate are moving and have you seen their new home---WoW!!!!!!!! ( I am talking about Jon and Kate plus Eight)

P.S. Ann, your comment made me giggle because it is sooooo true!!! I love all my Internet friends so much and would not know what to do without them, and my husband has gotten to know a few of my friends too...LOL. I also wanted to comment about another blogger mentioning how her husband comments on her taking pictures of everything--that made me smile too--My husband stopped asking me about my picture taking LOOOOOONG ago--he knows I have to share everything...LOL

11 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

What a neat surprise to find! After taking a picture of the can, I would probably dump out the soup and use the can as a pencil/pen holder. Or maybe it can be used like a little vase. I'm sure you'll hear about lots of ideas. Have a nice day! :)

Tatersmama said...

Okay, I grew up in the era of earthquake shelters and old bomb shelters (no comments please) and really... canned foods can be good for years and years past their expiry date.

I found this:
Canned goods last almost forever, with a notable exception of acidic fruits. The acid attacks the solder in the can joints, leaching heavy metals into the fruit. This is just one of the obscure, almost useless facts you learn when your grandfather was a USDA Inspector specializing in canning factories.
http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/002163.html

So you CAN eat it, or maybe just empty it out and save the can for something.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julieann
I think you should empty the can and use it as a vase for flowers:) how cute would that be or maybe pencils? I loved your post today
happy Monday Julieann
deezie

Mari said...

You should come to Michigan. We have Aldis here! I knew Jon and Kate were moving, but haven't seen their new house.
My hubby hears me talk about other bloggers too. He also teases me about taking so many pictures.

Erin said...

I joke with my husband that when makes the comment you referenced, "You knew I was a photographer when we met". Literally. We met at my work which was a portrait studio. I don't think he realized though that photography was a hobby as well as my job. LOL

Erin said...

Also, I think you should use the soup and then use the can to hold pens/pencils by the phone so they're handy to take messages. Or as Mari said, you could come to Michigan. I have 3 Aldi within a 10 mile radius from my house.

Tatersmama said...

I have an Aldi less than a block away from my house and I'm still swooning over having one so near!
Now if Costco would just open, I would be in 7th heaven!

Dana said...

i just tell my DH that Im talking to my invisible friends

Anonymous said...

Julieann, I got an ALDI's here about 6mths ago. I don 't get there as often as I would like to. But I have been trying there canned goods out one at a time. I am very much a creature of habit ans Super Walmart is right up the road and very comvenient.
Maybe ALDI's will make their way to west coast soon :)

Hugs,
Carrie
KF boardie :)

Lori said...

I recorded John and Kate last night and am about to watch it.

Good luck with your cleaning of your cupboards and refrigerators.

Mrs. U said...

I wish we had an Aldi's near us. Sigh. My parents have several near them and NEVER GO!! Go figure!!!

How did you see Jon & Kate's new house? I'm dying to see it!

His,
Mrs. U