Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Glasses and Other Fun Things


My vision has always been poor--when I was in my twenty's my eyes seemed to be in the best shape--I could go days without ever needing my glasses--now, I wear my glasses more times then not---SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---on Saturday, I went to my eye doctor and got my eyes checked again---I take Tony every year, but I am not so diligent with myself--but I knew I needed to go, when I went looking for my glasses and I was already wearing them. My vision changed just a bit, and I picked out such pretty frames, they should be ready today or tomorrow and I will show you. I used to wear contacts in high school--so I am going back next month and I am going to get fitted for contacts too--so I am excited:) I have vision insurance, so it only cost 50.00 as apposed to 546.00---OUCH!!! The contacts and fitting will cost 50.00 so that is okay.

Go to Scooble.com they are giving away a free 5 pound bag of dog food or a free 4 pound bag of cat food---it is a coupon that you print out and take it to the pet store---hurry it expires at the end of this month.

Lowes has hummingbird feeders on sale for $1.86---this is what it looks like--->

I don't know why I took this picture at a such an odd angle--oops.

Last night we had baked chicken, fried rice, corn and a salad. Tonight, I have a beef roast in the oven and I will make mashed potatoes to go along with it with some gravy--and salad. I am going to boil the chicken carcass and make stock and pull off all the leftover meat for a later use.

I am playing catch up on laundry again.

I am going to record the Duggar wedding tonight, it comes on at 10.00--I think I missed it when they first showed it--but I am excited to see their first kiss--how sweet is that??!!.

...and Jon and Kate plus 8--WoW--that house is Glorious---HUGE----Beautiful. I do have to tell you about Jon and Kate---my blog gets more hits for the Monkey Crunch recipe then any other topic, especially if the Monkey Crunch episode is on TV--my blog is just filled with people looking for that recipe---I can't make it any more, because of the peanut butter and my sons peanut allergy--but I am glad that recipe is so popular, it really is yummy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julieann
Love the feeder, great price.
I tried to get a coupon but it wouldn't let me, I think its because I am in Ct. oh well I tried. Enjoy your dinner tonight, can't wait to see the glasses
deezie

Mari said...

It's exciting to get new glasses. I used to wear contacts and always liked them, but for some reason my eyes are too dry for them now.
Your supper sounds wonderful. We are having white chicken chili. Now I have to find your monkey crunch recipe. I'm intrigued by the name!

Dana said...

The monkey crunch recipe is how I found you and this whole blog world:) Thanks for the reminder about the Duggar wedding tonight

Anonymous said...

the duggers and jon and kate- i am so jealous of you with tv!!!!!

Sondra said...

The Duggar wedding was so sweet. We all watched it here. I missed out on seeing the new house on Jon and Kate. I don't watch that as much anymore.

Lori said...

Sounds like you have been busy.
Glad you wee able to get in and get your eyes checked.
I soo need to take the time to watch Jon and Kate plus 8 or record it