Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Around the Home

Look at this adorable appointment book I got---on the back it was priced at 15.00--and they had them at the .99 cent store--- Cute little kittens on every page--my daughter just loves this book too. What little girl does not love kittens?



It is January here but it looks like Fall outside, all the leaves have turned and are now falling to the ground.

I remember as a child when I lived in Illinois--I would walk home in Oak Park from school and I had to step on every leaf...LOL. There aren't so many here that often as there were in Oak Park... Do any of you know of the elementary school called Holmes School? That is the school I went to until I came to California. I looked it up on the Internet and it looks so different from when I was a child--I remember walking home and always passing the Frank Lloyd Wright home..


Look at the little flowers starting bloom...



Remember this cabinet I bought? Well, I moved it into the kitchen for now---I am using it to store all my cookbooks and linens--and once little Kevin gets over his stage of pulling drawers out and trying to climb into this I will put it in my dining room--but for now, for Kevin's safety it has to be out of reach--I don't want it coming down on him.




I pulled out my ham bone from the freezer and a couple containers of beans--so I am going to put both in my crockpot---and then I took out some ground beef for a meatloaf. I am trying to use up a lot of the stuff in my freezer before I do my big shopping on Tuesday



...and this is the list maker I am using this week---I try and make the task of making a shopping list fun and organized. Have you all tried the list maker in my sidebar? That is a fun one too.



Alexis has an appointment with the dentist today--the nice one--I am changing everyone over to the new one. When I took Alexis to the dentist last month for her cleaning--the not so nice dentist came out and asked me about little Kevin's teeth. I told her that I went with my Pediatrician's suggestion and go to someone else who could do the work with out putting him to sleep because Little Kevin was just too small to do that. Do you know what this Dentist said to me??? She said--*Well, why don't you just continue to take Kevin to that dentist, because I don't want to be responsible for his teeth if they fall out* I could not believe that--so now--she is no longer our dentist!

Have a great Wednesday!

9 comments:

Mari said...

I love that cabinet! I'm jealous of your weather too - it's snowing again in my area.

Christina said...

You find the cutest things at the 99 cent store!!

Hope everything went well at the dentist today :o)

Blessed With 4 said...

Oh my.....she is not a good dentist. I am glad that you like the one that you switched to.
You find the cutest things. I am a cat person. I love shopping at the dollar store. They have the cutest things.
Your cabinet looks nice.
Have a great rest of your day.
Hugs, BJ

Dana said...

I can not believe that lady talked to you that way. I give you props Julieann, Im new in my Christanity and would have snapped back. My girl loves date planners. I love the cabinet

Sondra said...

The kitten pictures are so cute. Yep, I would have gotten a new dentist too. Some people! My exhusband's family are all from Oak Park, Ill. My sister in law recently moved here to the south from there. She was so tired of all the major snow storms.

Anonymous said...

Julieanne, I love your kitty book. Cute. I enjoy the dollar store too.

As far as the dentist. You are much a nicer person than I. I would of surely had something to say.

I'm so happy that your children no longer have to go to her.

It's due to snow flurry here tomorrow. Our weather is so strange. We had a big winter storm New Years Eve day. Then we just got over a rain/ice storm. Today its very very windy and sunny. No flowers here, although I think our plants lately are a bit confused.

Have a great Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, I love the date book. And I'm jealous of your weather too. We've got snow on the ground, snow in the forecast.

Jenn said...

I'm glad you found a more compassionate dentist ;-)

Lori said...

I love your cabinet. It is being put to good use in the kitchen.


Your weather is soo much better than ours. It is cold and snowy here.