Saturday, January 03, 2009

This and That!--Saturday

Happy Saturday!
Thank you all for looking at my Show and Tell yesterday---I had a lot of fun making that dress---it was I think about five or six years ago. I have continued to sew and I so enjoy it--but with a little toddler, I can't do it it as much as I should.
All the Christmas decorations came down yesterday---I don't know about all of you, but I was not ready for this season to be over--I so enjoy Christmas and all the wonderful things that are involved in preparing for Jesus's Birthday. The lights all over the house made me smile. Look at my bare dining room---it will soon be decorated for Valentine's Day:) I have to keep the chairs around the table in the garage all day and put them there at dinner time--little Kevin likes to climb on them and climb on the table--and it gets hard to even to be able to go to the bathroom because he is quick--so I would rather it be completely safe ---I know it looks odd without chairs, but it won't be for too much longer. They are only small for such a short time.

My sister knows how I love to write everything down and make lists and have notebooks---she gave me this cute little Holiday notebook---so right now, I am adding all the addresses in it that I send cards out too---

Reminders of special people


Cute little Calendar section

Okay, do you remember last year, I made a goal to read my Bible in a year--well I gave it a good effort--but I have to be honest, I did not make it---after I lost the baby---I went totally off track for awhile, and just got too far behind to catch up---I still read my Bible but not like I wanted too. So this year--I signed up to receive emails everyday--and it has the chapters included into the email--so hopefully this will help me do this. I am determined!!!!

Also, I have mentioned many times, I don't *DO* exercises--well, I do walk everyday--and I now have been walking a mile everyday, before it wasn't as far--(and sometimes 2 miles)----unless it is pouring down rain or my kids are sick--I walk every single day--I get my heart going which in turns helps my metabolism going. I actually lost 2 pounds:)...and Little Kevin LOVES the buggy ride. I have to admit, I am feeling better and my waist is looking better too...LOL.

It is super cold outside today---I did my walk and then did my grocery shopping--Little Kevin is now napping so, I am going to put my Roast in the oven for tonight's dinner---I usually do Roasts on Sunday, but I have a whole Chicken for dinner tomorrow instead. I am working on Laundry and getting ready for the week coming--vacation will be over on Monday and Tuesday we have a play date, and on Wednesday Alexis has another Dentist appointment--and in 2 weeks from today My SIL will be here--YAY!

14 comments:

Mari said...

I love Christmas but am one of those people who like to take everything down the day after Christmas. I like things to go back to normal after it's done. Your little notebook is really cute. I'm a listmaker too and I would love that!

Kelli said...

Happy Saturday, Julieann! Normally I like all the Christmas decorations down by New Year's Eve, but for some reason this year was different. The tree is down because the needles were so dry, but everything else is still up. I'll slowly put things away this week, but a lot of it is perfect for the winter, too.
Have a great weekend!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

Hi Julieanne. I love all the decorating and festivities leading up to Christmas, but the day after or two days after I want everything down and things back to normal. Then there is that time between now and Valentine's day to just "be".

I walk everyday averaging 3-5 miles a day. 2-3 miles in the day and then another 1-2 at night. I notice when I don't get to do those things.

If I can't get to exercising I feel at least I'm doing the walking. Good for you and the walking. I've been walking since Kiera was in her stroller and now she can walk as fast or faster than I can. It's really fun now because it's like walking with a friend.

Happy Saturday to you too.
Maria

Brittany said...

Sounds like you have a busy Saturday!

We took our decorations down yesterday as well. It is sad to see it go but it's nice to start off the year fresh!

I have an award for you on my blog! Come see!

Hugs,
Brittany

Dana said...

You are busy, busy, busy:) I could use some encouragement right now:(

Anonymous said...

Hi Julieann
We took our decorations down also. So sad to see them go right. We are going to do our best to enjoy January which is hard since its so so cold outside. We are thinking of planning a fancy Smore party.
Great job on the walking too. I love walking. But not in the cold. My hubby bought me an Eliptical machine last year so I use that in the winter.
happy Weekend Juliann
deezie
I think your diningroom looks great even without chairs:)

Anonymous said...

Love the notebook. I'm also a list maker. And I'm one of those who doesn't take Christmas decorations down till after January 6. It was something my parents always did and it is a tradition that I continue. Of course I also continue the tradition of not putting any Christmas decorations up till after my mid-December birthday.

Julieann said...

Ann, I did not know you are a Christmas baby--Happy Birthday:)))

Julieann

Blessed With 4 said...

Hi Julieann...Your dining room looks nice. I love the table. We need to get a new dining room set but I don't want a formal set. I want a set that is casual like us :)
You have a busy week listed there :) I hope all goes well.
What a cute notebook. It is nice that you have someone that knows you well enought to get a gift that fits you :)
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, BJ

Blessed With 4 said...

I forgot to ask you...I notice you have a hard wood floor. We have hardwood in the entryway, one of the living rooms, dining room and hallways to the bedrooms. Do you use vinegar on yours to clean it or something else? I have always used vinegar but I wasn't sure if there was something else that you could use. Thank you for any info you can give me :)

Mrs. U said...

SO cute about little Kevin climbing on the table!! Elizabeth has not really cared about climbing- I guess it's a little boy thing? :)

I love reading about all that you've been doing. I always feel like we just sat down and chatted about life. :)

His,
Mrs. U

TJ said...

I wish you the best on reading the Bible this year! I have The Message, asked for it because I thought it would make it easier, and regret that I still haven't made it through. Annoying that in a week I've read through 3 Frank Peretti novels and 1 Randy Alcorn, all Christian novels, but don't devote the same time to the Bible.

Rose of Sharon said...

That's such a cute notebook! I love it. I usually take my decorations down a few days after Christmas on a free day off BEFORE New Years. Good luck with your resolutions!

Happy 2009!
Sharon

Ms. Tee said...

Hey Julieann :)

I'm slowly getting everything put away, too. I love all the decorations, but I'm in the mood for a little less clutter right now! lol

Happy New Year to you :)