Friday, December 05, 2008

Happy Friday!

It is Friday---YaY!!! I love Mondays...and I love Fridays----hey, I adore every day.....

Anyway, we had eggs this morning for breakfast--the kids like dippy or scrambled, I like poached and my dear husband likes up. Do you ever make the eggs in a hole or eggs in a baskets---with the center of the bread cut out and the egg fried in the middle? That is a favorite here.


Did I share with you my new boots---->---They are similar to Uggs but with out the price tag--I got these at Walmart for 12.00 and they keep my feet just as warm as Uggs--my Uggs got ruined in Georgia in a Thunder storm (don't ask...LOL) so I got a new pair for this winter.


For dinner tonight, I am making *Oven Country Baked Ribs*--That I got off of Kelli's Blog. They were the best ribs ever---like butter--I will post a picture of them when they are done, so check back for that yummy picture.

I am pulling Alexis out of school at 9:30 she has a dentist appointment at 10:00--just a cleaning:)

This is a picture of my wreath on my front door--nice and simple---My decor this year, I am trying to do simple but elegant---I don't want that cluttered Christmas look.


Anyway, Happy Friday y'all!

...oooohhh, one more thing, please check out this new blog I added to my side bar--it is just precious and all about homemaking with yummy food pictures!
A Day In The Life Of A Home Maker.

Ohhhh--and another thing--over at Shirla's Blog, she posted this--and said I could share it here:

Through The Window


A young couple moved into a new neighborhood.
The next morning while they are eating breakfast, the young woman sees her
neighbor hanging the wash outside.
"That laundry is not very clean", she said.
"She doesn't know how to wash correctly.
Perhaps she needs better laundry soap"
Her husband looked on, but remained silent.
Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry,
the young woman would make the same comments.
About one month later,
the woman was surprised to see a nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband:
"Look, she has learned how to wash correctly.
I wonder who taught her this?"
The husband said,
"I got up this morning and cleaned our windows."
And so it is with life.
What we see when watching others,
depends on the purity of the window through which we look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S.---Hopefully I will be able to play Kelli's Show and tell today--I don't see Barefoot Mamas Feminine Friday up yet though---so be sure to visit both these blogs too!

7 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

I eat my eggs scrambled. I used to love sunny side up, but then I developed an allergy to raw egg yolks, so i can no longer enjoy them, but I'd much rather have them that way than scrambled. :(
I like those boots you got! And you can't beat that price!
Have a wonderful day!

Blessed With 4 said...

I am not a big egg eater but when I have them I love them scrambled with cheese. When I was pregnant I loved going to bickfords and getting the breakfast with the scrambled eggs with ham and salsa...I think it was called the southwestern scramble not sure.

I love those boots. So cute. I am in need of new boots but we only got snow once here and it was gone the next day.

Your wreath is so cute. We don't have our tree yet. I want to decorate simple also. I hate clutter.

I love the post about the window and I will go check out those blogs you mentioned.

Thank you for mentioning mine. You are a sweetie.

Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julieann,
Eggs are yummy and I eat them with the hole in the toast too, its fun right. I made that Chicken recipe you had last night for our dinner it was yummy just like you said.
Those boots are adorable and so is your wreath. I went for less cluttered this year too for Christmas. I have done a silver and gold theme through out the upstairs and red downstairs.
happy day to you Julieann
deezie

Shirla said...

I love my eggs scrambled with cheese, but it has to be American cheese.

Dana said...

Scrambled, unless Im mkaing egg muffin sammies:) Love the boots and what a deal:)

momstheword said...

My favorite is scrambled with a little ketchup on top...sounds gross but I like it that way.

Love the boots. I am going to go to Walmart and see if they have them there. Great price!

Lori said...

WE love to eat eggs.
Anywhich way.

I will have to try the egg in the middle of the bread. That sounds good.

I love your new boots.