Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Cookie! #1

Happy Tuesday! Little Kevin has a peanut allergy, so that limits me a little on my Christmas Cookie making---all the cookies and candy with peanut/tree nut products has to be changed. I got this idea from another blog. Super easy. There was no baking involved but they look Christmasy. I bought a box of Ginger Snaps and a bag of Chocolate chips--melted the chocolate and spread it on half the cookie, sprinkle them with colored sprinkles and TA-DAH----- A festive cookie!
They tasted wonderful too.


Stay tuned I have another super easy cookie---

9 comments:

Ms. Tee said...

What a great alternative -and all kids *love* sprinkles :)

Anonymous said...

Very good idea!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to remember this since I too have a peanut allergy. Though maybe I'll use sugar cookies instead of ginger snaps since I'm borderline allergic to ginger.

Dana said...

How do you melt the choc. chips. i tried microwave and burned them, actually they were butterscotch

Tatersmama said...

Yummm... I might have the older daycare children do these next week!

Brittany said...

Hi Juliean!

I'm Brittany, roseofsharon's daughter-in-law! Just wanted to stop by and say that I love your blog! I've been reading it for a few months now and just started my own! If you'd like to stop by, I'd love to have you!

God Bless,
Brittany

Anonymous said...

YThank you. We re empty nesters so I dont bake any more. I am going to make these!!
Susan from Wooster OH

Blessed With 4 said...

I am putting these ingredients on my shopping list. What a fun and fast way to ease the pangs of a sweet tooth :) Thank you Julieann.

Lori said...

Those look very yummy!!!
Great idea. I should add this to my recipe book.