Monday, December 15, 2008

Food Post--Monday!

Scalloped Potatoes
Courtesy of my Mayberry Cookbook
2 Cups of thinly sliced potatoes
1/3 cup minced onion
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
dash of pepper
1 Tablespoon of butter
1/4 Cup of scalded milk
Paprika

Grease a casserole dish. Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the casserole dish. Sprinkle with some onion. Sprinkle some flour, salt, and pepper over the layers. Dot with butter. Repeat the layers until all of the potatoes, onion, flour, salt, pepper and butter are used, ending with the butter. Pour milk over all, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake covered in a 375' oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15, or until tender.


* as you can see, I sprinkled cheese over the top--Yummy!

**I also use a bit more butter.
:::Shhhhhhh::::


Then I grilled a London Broil about 12 minutes on each side





I also served it with some corn and a nice green salad!

I think corn is Little Kevin's new favorite veggie:)

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY. I like that recipe.

I'm going to save it. WE are gluten and Casein free, but that recipe could work with some substitutes.

Kiera use to love corn. Her new favorite is Lima Beans!

Anonymous said...

Okay im coming to eat with you! Girl that looks yummy.

Ronda said...

Oh my gosh, this loks just yummy.
I really do so appreciate all the recipe's that you share with us.
THANKS!
Love & Prayers,
Ronda

Primrose Hill said...

We used to eat London broil all the time until our poor grill broke. Both recipes look great!

Blessed With 4 said...

It looks so good. We are having porkchops tonight so I am going to try this potato recipe. Thank you for posting it.

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Oh, yum! This looks delicious. I'll have to try those potatoes!

Lori said...

MMNN!! Yum Yum.
Your scalloped potatoes look delicious.

Pamsgroove said...

Yum! That looks sooo good!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.