Monday, May 19, 2008

Hamburger and Mushroom Gravy Recipe!

I had this recipe typed out years ago---the little note I added about making it out of desperation--I can't remember why I was desperate that day...LOL--I have made this recipe so many times, that I have it memorized, but I was so pleased to find it in my files--yay!! Enjoy this recipe and also, play around with the ingredients:)



My Special Hamburger Dish

(This is a meal my family loves. I put it together out of desperation one night, and it has turned out to be a family favorite:)

1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
2 tablespoons of your favorite salsa
1 egg
2 pieces of bread broken up into bread crumbs
a dash of worshteshire sauce
a dash of garlic salt
Mix this all together and form little hamburgers......

1 can of cream of mushroom soup
water
1 onion
a package of fresh mushrooms
4 ozs shredded chedder cheese

In a skillet saute one onion until tender...take out of skillet, add hamburgers...cook well, add onion back, with the sliced, fresh mushrooms...add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, with 1/2 can of water, simmer until thickend and soup looks like gravy..sprinkle hamburger dish with the shredded cheese..when done, serve over rice or mashed potatoes---->with a nice veggie, and a salad....ENJOY!!!!!

No comments: