Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bread!

Bread: This is the VERY best French bread recipe I have used---I found it on the computer a few years ago, and I have used it a lot--it also makes a great pizza dough:
Also, it is SUPER easy!!!

About 7 cups of flour
2 packs of yeast
2 1/2 cups of water
1 tablespoon of salt and
1 tablespoon of butter
knead
cover for one hour and let rise
Punch down and cut in half and roll into loaves
cover and let rise a second time
Cut slits in the top and brush a little egg over the top
put it in the oven at 450 for about 20 minutes





...and here are my Dinner Rolls again:

I love these!!!

For these rolls I used the recipe, out of my Betty Crocker Bread Machine CookBook:

1 cup Water
2 tablespoons Butter or Margarine
1 egg
3 ¼ cups Bread Flour
¼ cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
3 teaspoons quick active dry yeast

1. Place all measured ingredients into bread pan in order listed
2. Select: Dough cycle
3. Remove loaf from pan, divide into 15 equal parts.
4. Cover and let rise, 35 minutes.
5. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet. 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Serve Warm


P.S. I promise I proof read these again, and the recipes are correct---I still remember my mistake about the yeast and a dear reader used 3 Tablespoons of yeast instead of teaspoons--boy did her bread rise--I felt so bad--but I hope we can all giggle over that now:)


5 comments:

Kelli said...

YUM! I wish I could taste your delicious looking bread, Julieann!
Hugs,
Kelli

Kathi said...

What a funny mistake. I wonder what the bread looked like with that much yeast. Your rolls and bread are perfect!! You've inspired me. Kathi

Mrs Swan said...

I decided to experiment with your bread recipe :) The frenc loaf one- it was yumm-o! I posted about it

Mrs. U said...

OH MY, Julieann!! You HAVE been busy making bread!! I can almost smell it all the way over here on the east coast!! :)

His,
Mrs. U

TJ said...

That french bread recipe is almost the same one we used at the bakery I worked at during college. The only exception is the butter. I still am amazed to look at bread recipes and see how many ingredients they call for. At the bakery almost all of our breads were yeast, sugar, salt, flour and water.

Looks great!