Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Extra Post About Cali








We took a flight out to California to see my Dad.
We took first class and it was so nice.  We snagged them at a great price.


They offer everything to you, while your up, up, and away.
I was filled with so much anxiousness that is was a nice distraction.  My husband did it that way.  My father is aging and I know he is not who he once was.  His memory is not always the best anymore.  He knows I am his daughter, and he knows he loves me.


We flew in a Friday evening,  We left rainy Georgia and landed in rainy California!








Both states were cold and wet.
We stayed at a very nice hotel, it had two tvs and a gym, which I was able to use in my free time to keep my anxiety down.







We woke the next morning and it was still quite drizzly, not as bad and it was cold.

I woke up, brushed my teeth and went down to the gym.  I could not sleep at all, so I put my restlessness into a workout at about 4;30.  Which actually my internal clock was 7:30.
I did the elliptical, some toning and yoga.
Came back to our room and showered and got rady for the day.

My husband and I went to The Black Bear Diner, and it was quite charming!!
It seemed like this restaurant was out of place in Orange County, California and would be more appreciated in Georgia.  It was not busy at all which made me sad, as it was such a cute place to have breakfast and a great cup of coffee.

 






We then finished breakfast and went to Staterbrothers, which was the closest grocery store near my father's home.  I also know this was the store he grocery shopped at.  So it was neat to go in a store he had probably walked into hundred's of times.  I went to pick up his favorite cheesecake.  I was successful.

With my heart racing with anticipation and excitement, we got our cheesecake and headed to my dad's house.

We pulled into my father's neighborhood and there was his home.  A home I had been to so many times before.  It was familiar but different at the same time.

My Dad is not doing well and I just had to see him.  I did.  He knew I was his daughter and that he loved me.

I spent the earlier part of Saturday with my Dad.
He then said he was tired and wanted to sleep, so we left so he could sleep.
We didn't know what to do, so we went to a movie.  We saw the movie, 65.  Very good movie.
We then went to a restaurant that I used to love so much.  The Claim Jumper.  Well, it has either changed or I have,  either way, it was not the beloved restaurant I had remembered.
I don't have a love for California, but I do love my father.
So I had to see him  This was the fifth try and I did it.  The pandemic had put major obstacles in my trying to see my Dad through the past couple of years.  
I will treasure my visit with my Dad.
I love my dad and was grateful for my hug.  My Dad had always been my rock.

We had to get home, so we left on Sunday.  

Before we arrived at the airport we stopped and had breakfast at Golden Corral




Then on a beautiful Sunday we went back home.  The weather was lovely  It was surreal.  I am not going to go into detail about my father at the moment, but He is my Dad and I love him dearly.  He had to at times take on the role of Mother and Father since my mother was not present..







Some other photos.

The hotel we stayed at offered a cute little continental Breakfast downstairs:











I will cherish this visit with all my heart,
My Dad is my Rock and has always been such an amazing person.  He has always been an inspiration to me and I love him dearly.


2 comments:

Mari said...

I'm so glad you got to take this trip. I just lost my Dad and I know how important this time was for you. You will always treasure it.

Julieann said...

Thank you so much, Mari for your kind words and I am very sorry for the loss of your Dad!! (((Hugs)))
Julieann