Friday, February 06, 2009

This and That Friday!

A warm apple pie wax tart is starting on my tart warmer.I really like how Kate (Jon and Kate plus 8) had a rug in front of her fridge at her new house--so I put one there too

I needed some new hot pads and these dish towels came with the set---I couldn't find cows, but I found these roosters, which I liked.


Hot pads

A new vanilla honey candle


I have one on my vanity and one by my sink and another for back upThe container is sooo cute tooIngredients for Semi-homemade chili
I browned a pound of ground beef and added that chili seasoning packet, along with two cans of tomato sauce--a can of chili beans and a can of kidney beans--It will be transferred to my slow cooker until it is time to eat.


I am going to make some macaroni for it to go on, along with some cheddar cheese, green onion and sour cream to top it.




Fresh rolls are now going in my bread machine!
They will be served too--my family does not care for cornbread too much so it rolls tonight.
(Dinner Roll Recipe is on the sidebar)




I have a green salad already made and it will be topped with some homemade Ranch Dressing. It is another beautiful rainy day--so I thought this would be a nice warm meal to go with the day.

Ohhhh----------Homemade dressing is just sooo yummy!
Ranch Dressing:
1 1/2 C Mayonnaise
1/2 C Buttermilk
1 T Red Wine Vinegar
1 T Sugar
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Onion powder
1 T Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp Dill
1/2 tsp Salt (optional)
1/2 tsp Black pepper
Dash of Paprika

Whisk ingredients together, and refrigerate one hour before serving:)

Let me know if you make it or if you have made it.
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!
.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try the ranch dressing recipe once I get some more salad stuff in the house.

I've had a rug in front of my refrig. for awhile now - not because I really like it there but because there is a hole in the flooring. Two more weeks of this rental and then my own house again. Finally.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julieann,
How nice to have another rainy day. How cozy right.
Your dinner sounds so yummy. I never tried to make homemade ranch dressing, now I will have to try
have a great day Julieann
deezie

Anonymous said...

i got new rooster potholders and dishtowels this week too :)

your kitchen looks so cozy! show more!!!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks just wonderful. And homemade
salad dressing now how awesome is that!

Pamela in NE Ohio

Brittany said...

Sounds like you had a fun friday!

I'll have to try that ranch recipe....how does it compare to the semi-homemade packet of Hidden Valley Ranch? My family loves the packet kind much more than the pre-made bottle kind.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love your candles. I absolutely love tart warmers. I have one for every room in my house. Lately I've been burning them everyday. I just love a good smelling house.

The way you make your chili there is the way I made it while raising my two older children. I don't make it often anymore because Kiera won't eat it. Maybe I'll try it again next week. That looks so good.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Dana said...

HI Julieann, sounds like you have been busy. Im going to make that ranch when Justin comes home. Have a blessed Sunday:)))

Anonymous said...

We had the ranch dressing tonight. It is delicious. My daughter said she never wanted bought dressing - bottled or Hidden Valley - again.

Julieann said...

Ann--You have to share pictures of your new home--and I am so happy you tried the ranch--it is so good--I eat it too much of it...LOL.

Julieann

Anonymous said...

julieann,
do you realize that jon and kate are exploiting their children for money so they don't have to work?
i wouldn't imitate her.

Unknown said...

Hi Julieann, I was just reading your blog and saw you talking about Kate Gosselin, I just wanted to share that she was the celebrity guest at the Indianapolis Home Show that I just worked, shhh dont tell my boss, but I slipped away from my booth for a little bit to sneak a peak and listen to her talk, it was fun! LOL Sue

Anonymous said...

Julieann, Your blog is my favorite. You are much more of an inspiration than Kate of "Jon and Kate + 8." I feel that Kate is very belittling toward her husband. My friends and I no longer watch the show. It's difficult for us to support someone who exploits their children. Keep up the good work on your blog.

Liz Harrell said...

Mmm.. that salad dressing recipe looks SO good!

Julieann said...

Hi everyone---I have read all the comments and I so appreciate you all taking the time to leave me some words:)

As for Jon and Kate--I do pray that she finds a gentler spirit.

Thank you all for the input!

Julieann