Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Marketing:)



Good Morning, Good Morning!!! I had mentioned in my last post that I was in need to go to the grocery store, oh boy, do I ever..LOL. Since I did not cook Christmas I do not have all those lovely leftovers, and I don't have my challenge of what to do with all that turkey--I absolutely love those kind of challenges. My husband called me before he came home from work and asked me if I had gone to the store, and I told him, I was not sure what my grocery budget was this month--he told me what I could spend, and I was pleasantly surprised, I was thinking because of Christmas my spending budget would be cut, but it wasn't. Anyway, now I am making my list and I am going to write/type it out. I am going to go to Trader Joes and then to Ralph's--that would be Kroger to some of you in the south, I have no idea why they change the name to Ralph's once you get out of the south...LOL. Both stores are in the same shopping plaza which is really convenient for me---Then I want to go to Walmart and buy a few snacks there for the kids, they don't have a Grocery store, but they have food-just not produce and meat.

Here are some of the items that are needed:

Milk
Cheese--Cheddar, Jack, Parmesan and mozz.
Coffee (decaf for me right now)
Creamer-Hazelnut
Juice--a few kinds--what is on sale--I love Cranberry
Deli Meats
Meats--all kinds--First I look at the mark downs and go from there
Produce--all kinds--Green leaf/romaine/iceberg, Tomatoes, cukes, mushrooms, etc--you get the idea...LOL
Eggs
Pasta noodles---I have a pasta machine, that I have yet to try--but I will, maybe when I get my home back to normal, but for now I but the pasta for all sorts of dishes.
Rice
Butter
That is the jist of my list, I am sure it looks just like any of your lists---I don't buy too much processed food--I try and make everything from scratch as I can--but my kids do like Doritoes and Goldfish--so I do buy those, I mean isn't that what being a little kid is all about, eating some fun food once in awhile. I believe everything in moderation, that is my philosophy on food:)

6 comments:

Kelli said...

My list looks similar, especially the hazelnut creamer part. :0) I just finished my morning cup of coffee! We are off from school this week so we are taking it easy. The girls and Benjamin are looking for wood scraps and nails in the garage to try out Benjamin's new tool set..LOL Have a wonderful day!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the Doritos and such. Every evening when I make my husband's lunch for the next day, I give Ben half of a potato chip. He thinks it's the grandest thing!

Anonymous said...

I have never tried the hazelnut coffee creamer. I am however, addicted to the french vanilla creamer Yummy!!

Julieann said...

Kelli--we are so much alike, right down to the creamer...LOL

Jenny--isn't cute, when our children get to taste new things--the looks on there face are priceless.

Mrs.A--You have to try the Hazelnut:)

Kelli said...

Julieann, Walmart was out of Hazelnut creamer today so I got the caramel. I'll let you know how it is. :0)
Oh, and we are having some friends over for New Years Eve and I got the Family size of Doritos!!
Hope you are having a great Saturday!
Kelli

Julieann said...

Hi Kelli, how was the creamer? I bought one of the small pumpkin spice flavors during the holidays, it was really good, but not something, I would want to drink everyday. How much do you pay for the hazelnut--I pay 3.00 for the big one.
Yay on the Doritoes...LOL.

Julieann:)