Monday, May 11, 2009

Making My List!

I am making my shopping list for tomorrow's grocery day. A few recipes had caught my eye the last couple of days on The Food Network. One recipe was an oldie--Tyler made his recipe for Chicken & Dumplings, and it looked awesome, so I will be making that this week. Sandra made donuts, so that will be on my list and Ellie, made a really good looking Grilled Cheese. Recipes I am sure we have all made over and over but just a new way or a few different ingredients.

On my shopping list I have also added fresh fruits and veggies. Lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes are always a must. Avocados should be added to my list of staples too. I will pick up as much as I can afford, I look for things that are in season and on sale. Remember last month Asparagus was on sale~~~I bought so much of that it took over my drawer....LOL.

I need cheeses and some fun snacks for the kids to eat~~Yogurt, string cheese, granola bars, goldfish, and things like that:) ...and of course some really fun snacks like Doritos, Cheetos, popcorn and cookies~~~~~The cookies I have to be extremely careful with~~I either have to make them myself or only buy Chips Ahoy, that is one brand that has no trace of any kind of nuts on the package.

Buttermilk is on my list for making Ranch Dressing.

Oh, I was looking through my cookbook and found Paula's Easy Roll recipe that I want to try too:

EASY ROLLS
butter for greasing muffin tins
2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup milk
2 tbsp sugar
4 heaping tbsp mayonnaise
preheat oven 350.
Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin with butter. In large bowl, combine flour and milk, blending with a rubber spatula. add the sugar and mayonnaise and stir until just combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Chicken and Dumpling Recipe

Grilled Cheese Recipe

Donut Recipe

...and one last recipe, I almost forgot. It was Fajitas. I really liked this recipe, because it takes a really inexpensive piece of meat that is usually tough, but if you slow cook it all day it will be super tender. Also, the beer in the recipe can be substituted with water!!!

Beer Beef Fajitas

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That roll recipe looks interesting and since I don't do well with yeast, I should try it. Also, those fajitas with bottled or dried mixes have come out very salty for me...so be aware if you are not a salt lover.

Charree said...

Your recipes look tasty. I will have to give the dumplings a try. They are making me hungry.

Have a blessed day!
~Charree