Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Poppers--Part 2

Jalapeno Peppers Before you start, make sure you have gloves to wear---and whatever you do, don't touch your eyes. I got this pack of gloves for about 2.00 at Walmart---> There are 12 in a pack
I cut the stems off and cut them partially in half and cleaned out the seeds and insides, I also rinsed them in water , it made getting all the seeds out a lot easier----->
I mixed the cream cheese and cheddar cheese together

then I crumbled the bacon in to the cheese mixture
stuffed the peppers--dunked them in milk and then dredged in flour--put on a plate and then put in the fridge for awhile so the flour would stick--I did this step twice
I made bread crumbs too--and then I put the floured peppers in milk and then in the bread crumbs--Look how pretty---> They stayed in the fridge until hubby came home--then I got the fryer ready and fried them about 5 at a time in my fryer for three minutes...
inside the popper--->
All done cooking!!
The recipe I used for these are in the post below:) .....and they turned out even better then I thought they would--I dipped mine in Ranch dressing.

3 comments:

Primrose Hill said...

yum!! I could eat the screen! How is that fryer going for you! I realllly want one and am pricing models.

Shirla said...

Julieann, was that Beeler's bacon? ;) I dont like jalapeno's but the poppers look good, my husband likes them and would love them.

Lori said...

Yummy -- sounds delicous!!!