Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekly Menu Plan

My Weekly Menu Plan:
(All dinners are served with a fresh green salad and steamed veggies of some sort---I also like to include a starch and a dinner roll of some kind---of course with the exception of certain meals like tacos)

Tacos

Lasagna rolls

Little Cheddar Meat loaves--Mashed Potatoes

Baked Chicken with Steamed Rice

Hot Wings with Celery and carrots!

Carne asada/pollo

Upside-Down Sausage and Mushroom Pizza
Recipe courtesy Robin Miller 2007
See this recipe on air Monday Mar. 03 at 3:00 PM ET/PT.
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound sweet or hot turkey sausage, casing removed
1 cup onion, sliced
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 cup pasta sauce
1 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup black olives, sliced
16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through, breaking up the meat as it cooks with a wooden spoon. Add onion and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes, until soft. Add pasta sauce, pizza sauce and olives and bring to a simmer, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer sauce to the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil until blended. Whisk in flour and salt until well blended. Pour mixture over sauce in pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
User Rating:
No Rating
Episode#: RM0607Copyright © 2006 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

Mrs Marcos said...

Lasagna rolls? Sounds interesting...mind sharing your recipe?

Kathi said...

Your menus look so good. You are very organized. I'll be back to look at them again. Thanks for sharing these. Kathi

Anonymous said...

Your menus and recipes have inspired me to organize myself better with menus and try new recipes.

With it just myself and Kiera, its easy to just cook each dinner on a whim.

I'm not working on my menu planning and shopping list for this friday. TY!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I'm going to have to try those cheddar meat loaves!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I hope your daughter really likes dance! My Mother reminded me of how often she had to keep pushing me on the nights I didn't want to go, however. I am grateful she did though, now.